Friday, April 28, 2006

The Ranks of the Free; Walking the Walk

You know it is much better to be able to speak from experience sometimes, to walk the walk as it were. Like other bloggers in this space, I have advocated safe sex and getting tested for HIV. You owe it to yourself and your partners to know your status if you have been or are active.

Back in December on World AIDS Day, I toyed with the idea of getting myself tested although I had not engaged in any high risk activities in years. Recently, I decided to become active again, so after a few encounters that led to quick lessons on STD's, I decided to take the full range of tests. There is no feeling in the world like hearing that you tested negative for HIV. I went on and had the test for syphillis as well since they were taking blood. Everything is looking good.I can assure you that I will sleep peacefully tonight. And so, I say to you who have not been tested, "JOIN THE RANKS WHO SLEEP PEACEFULLY. GET TESTED."

Meanwhile, here is a HIV knowledge test for you from the National HIV Testing Resources of the Centers for Disease Control.
Shem hotep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

@ the captain. Have you always been this negative or did it take several heartbreaks to mold you this way?