Friday, January 13, 2006

Changing the MLK weekend plans

Fratman1906 is resting up for a weekend at the beach. Originally, Maxim and I had planned to spend this weekend in Atlanta. But, it was a trip that was just not meant to be. We began planning for this weekend in November while returning from our excursion in the NYC for the Veterans Day weekend. We thought we might recreate some of the excitement of the Labor Day Pride weekend. Coming off of Christmas, we needed a few more participants to pull this off and share expenses. Unfortunately, for several good reasons, our bois backed out after the New Year. I had a room reserved at the Doubletree in Buckhead (canceled last night), so if someone is looking for a room, there is one available for 3 nights.

Since I had already put in for a vacation day on Friday to travel to ATL, I decided to use the day off to work on the blog (you wouldn't believe how much trouble I had putting that damn picture on the profile). So now I have that worked out. Anyway, I have re-grouped for the weekend and will spend Saturday thru Monday in Myrtle Beach, SC. It is going to be a nice quiet time to get away from the chaos of work (2006 has been kicking ass and taking names) and do some reading, sleeping, eating and flirting (oops, did I say that?). Found a nice hotel on the beach for $41/night plus tax.

So, there might not be much to blog about when I return, but then again.... Meanwhile, let me recommend to you a new blogger who definitely has some fiction writing skills. Meet Defense, Doniel who has been posting to Keith Boykin's message board. When you read "The Crack Addiction of Samuel McGee," you will see his grasp of some potent issues and his ability to narrate them.

And now this important message from Rashid Darden, author of Lazarus -- COVENANT is coming!! Yeaaaaaa!


Shem hotep!

1 comment:

Da Jardin said...

I feel you about posting a photo on the blog...I still haven't figure it out! LOL...

I'm new at this blog business..and I know it's going to take a while...

Loved perusing your blog and especially this post...